Avoid costly mistakes. Let me tell you what you need to know before buying a compressor pressure switch.
There are so many different types and sizes of pressure switches, that it can be hard to find a good replacement pressure switch for your air compressor.It’s often safest to buy a replacement pressure switch directly from your air compressor manufacturer. Or find the exact same make and model online. But that can often be very expensive, so people search online for a cheaper alternative.I get a lot of questions through email about pressure switches and cheaper alternatives.
So, what is important when looking for a (replacement) pressure switch, and what is not? I have already written a page about the different models and options of pressure switches available, and when buying a replacement pressure switch, you should keep in mind all of the things mentioned on that page.
Here is that list again, with a small explanation what to watch for.
- Type of control buttons (off/auto buttons/switch or no switch)
- Electrical connections and power rating (number of phases and power in kW or amperes)
- Pressure range (highest/lowest possible pressure setting
- Mechanical connection (size of the pipe connection for compressed air)
- Unloader connection (size/type)