In this air compressor buying guide I will tell you exactly what to look for when buying a new air compressor. I will cover the basic specifications and help you find the right type of air compressor for you.
Does this sound like you?
- You want to buy an air compressor but you are overwhelmed by the many choices and the many types of air compressors?
- You want to buy an air compressor, but you’re not sure where?
- You are afraid you buy the wrong type, the wrong size or the wrong air compressor model.
- You don’t know if you need a single-stage, two-stage or rotary screw air compressor.
Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the air compressor buying guide!
In this air compressor buying guide you will learn:
- What the right type of air compressor is for you.
- What the right size air compressor is for you.
- How to save money on your air compressor purchase.
- How to save money in the long run: energy costs and maintenance costs
- What options you need and don’t need
- The most common mistakes when buying an air compressor.
Ready? Let’s go!
The right compressor type for you
There are so many types and models of air compressors available, it’s easy to get confused. And besides the many models and sizes, there are extra options like dryers and filters.
Don’t worry. Once you know what to look for, buying the right air compressor is fairly simple and straight forward process.
Pressure vs Capacity
The right type of air compressor for you, and the right model/size depends largely on the required pressure and capacity.
It's important to know the difference between pressure and capacity, and how they work together.
Overview of Rotary Screw Brands and Series
There are a quite few compressor manufacturers that are of interest to us. These manufacturers all have different series (or lines) of screw compressors.
They differ in capacity, pressure or options (but they are all rotary screw compressors).
To make sense of the available screw compressors available to you, I have created this overview.
Check out my Buying Guides for Rotary Screw and Piston type air compressors:
Rotary Screw Air Compressor Buying Guide
In this rotary screw air compressor buying guide, it’s all about the workhorse of many industries: the rotary screw compressor.
Rotary screw compressor can supply compressed air 24 hours a day, 365 days a week, if necessary. In this buying guide, I will reach you everything you need to know when buying a rotary screw air compressor.
Reciprocating Air Compressor Buying Guide
There are a lot of different types of reciprocating compressors, and even more sites offering them for sale. Want to be sure you buy the right air compressor, the air compressor that is right for you and your situation? Don’t worry, I am here to help you.